The Art of Winning!

I used to be a cross country runner while in high school and college. Running was a huge part of me. It was my life for many years! 

I discovered from early on that what I loved most was the adrenaline rush from the competitiveness of the sport.  Honestly, I have not jogged in at least three or four years. It's not because I am a "couch potato," but rather my busy lifestyle. Nonetheless, I have realized that I cannot escape running. This time, it involves a more business like sense where the stakes are even higher. What I enjoy most is the tremendous mental and physical preparedness one needs to have for the sport. 

You cannot just happen to win a race by accident. 
You need to work hard, be smart, and push yourself.
The preparation for anything in life is extensive.
You should be training in the off season.

If you are serious about improving and building a successful career whether it is in entertainment industry (film, music, writing and/or whatever), the season of cross country running doesn't last only for a few months. Make yourself better by making yourself a true runner. Do not be afraid to try different things that can help prepare you for your ultimate challenge.

A huge part of cross country running involves running up and down hills. Learn how to run the hills in your life the right way. You can beat runners with the same ability, and/or even more ability than you, if you dominate the hills. Fly down the down hills, and stay strong and steady going up. If you move too fast, you can lose your footing and fall flat on your face. Make sure to incorporate the proper way of running hills on your training runs whenever you can.

Here are a few tools that you will need:

1. Develop race strategies.
2. Be mentally prepared.
3. Run relaxed and fast.
4. Run as a pack.
5. Determine your proper pace.
6. Know your strengths and weakness.

Written By:  JuLā DuCré

Comments

Popular Posts